45 Fun hobbies you can do on the cheap! (for less than $50!)
- Learn a foreign language
- Geocaching. Totally free if you have a smart phone, fun, challenging, and will get you outside – https://www.geocaching.com/play
- papercraft. Very rewarding to see what you can construct out of paper.
- Raspberry Pi! Software or hardware projects, retro game emulations, NAS, coding, etc
- Get yourself a couple of locks and a set of basic picks. You’ll never be bored again
- Speed cubing (Rubik’s Cubes). A Zhanchi is something like $18. I don’t know how much lubricant is though
- Calligraphy. It’s easier if you already have nice handwriting
- Brewing beer
- Disc Golf. A starter set of discs is around $30 and most courses are free to play
- DnD is really cheap now that all the manuals etc can be found for free online. All you really need are dice, and you can borrow those until you decide to make the $6 or so jump into buying your own set
- Gardening. Buy some plants or seeds, get some fertiliser if necessary and away ya go
- D modeling: https://www.blender.org/
- Acoustic Guitar
- Digital Painting: https://krita.org/
- Vector Drawing: https://inkscape.org/
- Card Tricks
- Digital Music Production: https://lmms.io/
- Ham Radio
- Play the harmonica (they can easily be found for $3-$15)
- Music MIxing: http://mixxx.org/
- Observing the night sky
- Photo/Image Editing: http://www.gimp.org/
- Go to school and take courses:
- Learn programming:
- Make a game:
- Learn a language: https://www.duolingo.com/
- Play old arcade games:https://archive.org/details/internetarcade
- Play old PC Games:https://archive.org/details/classicpcgames
- Write a book or short story.
- Hiking. Plus it’s something fun you can enjoy with others or on your own.
- Shouting. Go for a walk in the countryside or lock yourself in the bathroom, it doesn’t matter where you are as long as you’re on your own, then just start bellowing your lungs out. At first you won’t be able to shout at the top of your voice for very long without becoming hoarse but given time your vocal cords will develop the leathery texture of a rhino’s nutsack and you’ll be able to yell like an ineffectual schoolteacher to your heart’s content. This is a very cheap hobby, needing no specialised equipment, clothing or training.
« Best of Jay Leno – Top comedy videos! (Previous News)
(Next News) Explained: Why do horses need to be put down when they break a leg, instead of letting it heal? »
David Bowie (1976) – Never seen before footage – restored from 8mm!
Source: BobbyBloom – “My dad snuck his super 8mm sound film camera into a David BowieRead More
X-Ray Audio: The Documentary (2016) about Russian record bootleggers who used x-rays to copy records.
X-Ray Audio: The Documentary (2016) about Russian record bootleggers who used x-rays to copy records.Read More